Acupuncture has been around for thousands of years for one simple reason, because it works! The body is stimulated into self healing by inserting fine, single-use, sterilized needles into areas of the body that correlate with nerve and dermatome pathways.
Although the effects of acupuncture have been argued over the years, there are certain mechanisms that have been studied and confirmed.
- Acupuncture has been proven to help the body release endorphins, the body’s natural pain killer, which is 100x more potent than morphine.
- Acupuncture affects the brain, including the limbic system, which is the area of the brain that affects the way we perceive and respond to pain.
- Acupuncture causes vasodilation, which affects blood flow and improves circulation to damaged tissues in the body.
- Acupuncture can be used to physically disrupt a dysfunctional muscle when it has turned into a trigger point. The trigger point develops from acute of repetitive stress. Acupuncture can release the hypertonic area, and cause vasodilation, which encourages the local tissue to heal.
- Acupuncture activates the parasympathetic nervous system. When the parasympathetic nervous system is activated, the body is in a state of “rest and digest”. As the body gets more practice being in this state, healing and regeneration occur. The body performs activities like digesting, detoxifying, eliminating, and building immunity.
- Acupuncture has no negative side effects. You have nothing to lose! And the biggest risk is that you WILL FEEL BETTER.
TDP Heat Lamp Therapy
Improving circulation, helping heal local tissue, and helping the body achieve a parasympathetic state, which is best for healing
TDP heat lamp therapy combines the use of a mineral plate over an infrared heat element. The formulation of the mineral plate is based on the composition of a black clay that was found in a factory in rural China. Despite the harsh and extreme weather conditions, workers in this clay factory had a very low incidence of illness. Researchers found the mineral composition to enhance microcirculation and loosen tension in the fascia. TDP can also encourage healthy blood flow, assist with the treatment of pain conditions, fatigue, gynecological complaints, tension, and impaired circulation. TDP is very soothing to the nervous system and can help create an even more relaxing experience during your treatment.